Health Visitors are qualified nurses who have undertaken further training and qualifications in order to support families with young children to be healthy.
They work in partnership with families; identifying health needs, providing care and coordinating services to provide support.
They offer every family a programme of screening tests, advice and access to immunisation, child health reviews and information and guidance to support parenting and healthy choices.
They can also offer extra support tailored to individual families' needs on issues such as breastfeeding, parenting, behaviour management, domestic abuse and mental health problems.
Families can access support in a variety of settings to suit their needs. These include home visits, clinics, at their GP practice and in children's centres.
Your local health visiting team:
- Cockermouth - Cockermouth Community Hospital 01900 705767
- Keswick - Keswick Community Hospital 01768 245 678
- Maryport - Maryport Community Hospital 01900 811844
- Wigton - Wigton Community Hospital 016973 66625/66643
- Workington - Westlakes Children's Centre 01900 706153
- Minto Children's Centre, Workington 01900 706138
- Cockermouth - Cockermouth Community Hospital 01900 820774
- Petteril Bank, Burnett Road, CA1 2NS
01228 547137 / 01228 515812
- London Road Clinic, Hilltop Heights, CA1 2NS
01228 608045 / 01228 608047
- Botcherby Healthy Living Centre, 15 Botcherby Avenue, CA1 2TU
- Carlisle West Children Centre, Wigton Road, CA2 6JP
- Longtown Health Centre
01228 792712 / 794027
- Queen Street Surgery
- Lowther Medical Centre
01946 599992 or 01946 692241
- Mansion House Surgery
- Flatt Walks Surgery
- Distington Surgery
- Beech House Medical Centre, Egremont
Surgery -01946 820203
- Westcroft Surgery, Egremont
Surgery - 01946 820348
- Wath Brow Clinic, Cleator Moor
Surgery - 01946 810427
- Wyndham Street, Cleator Moor
Surgery - 01946 810427
- Griffin Close Surgery, Frizington
01946 810777 / 01946 817395
- Seascale Health Centre
- Kirkby Stephen
017683 72211 / 72219
- Penrith Community Hospital, Bridge Lane
- Temple Sowerby
- Baby Clinic - Sure Start Children's Centre on Old London Road, Penrith 09.30am to 12.00pm every Tuesday.
- Abbots Vale Community Centre, Brook Street, Barrow, LA13 9PB
- Dalton Clinic, Downdales Grounds, Dalton, LA15 8AQ
- Walney's Children's Centre, 120 Mill Lane, Barrow, LA14 3NT
- Greengate Children's Centre, Greengate Street, Barrow
- Atkinson Health Centre,Barrow,
- Ormsgill Children's Centre, Millstone Avenue, Ormsgill, Barrow, LA14 4BP
- Ulverston Community Health Centre, Stanley Street, Ulverston, LA12 7BT
- Bram Longstaffe Nursery, Barrow Island, Barrow
- Millom Community Hospital, Lapstone Road, Millom
- South Lakeland
- Station House Surgery, Station Road, Kendal, LA9 6SA
- Windermere Health Centre, Goodly Dale, Windermere, LA23 2EG
- Grange Clinic, Hampsfell Road, Grange-over-Sands
- Parkview Surgery, Haverflatts Lane, Milnthorpe, LA7 7PS
- Arnside Surgery, Orchard Road, Arnside, LA5 0DP
- Sedbergh Health Centre, Loftus Hill, Sedbergh, LA10 5RX
- Lunesdale Surgery, Kirkby Lonsdale, LA6 2HQ
- Netmums- a unique local network for Mums (and Dads), offering a wealth of information on both a national and local level.
- Parenting UK- anational organisation for people who work with parents, aiming is to promote best practice in all parenting services.
- FSID - information on prevention of sudden deaths, health promotion, support to bereaved families and safe baby care advice.
- APNI - The Association for Post-Natal Illness.
- MAMA - Meet a Mum Association offers one-to-one support and support groups.
- The Birth Trauma Association- support for women with post traumatic stress disorder or birth trauma.
- Barnardo's - advice and help with drug abuse, disability, youth crime, mental health issues, sexual / domestic abuse, homelessness, poverty and many other issues.
- Cumbria Children & Families Information Service providing a range of information on services for children and young people.
- Change4Life - healthy food & activity tips for you and your kids.