Patient Experience Team (incorporating Complaints and the Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
The Patient Experience Team provides a confidential advice and information service. We are dedicated to listening to those that use our services, their carers and relatives. Your views are important to us and will enable the Trust to improve services.
The Patient Experience Team can help:
- To make a complaint, compliment or resolve issues you may be concerned about.
- Sign post to other services both within and outside of the Trust
- Collate your comments and suggestions through questionnaires, face to face discussions, comment cards, Trust Web site, email or telephone.
- To find independent help and support
- Involve and engage you in Trust work through Membership, Volunteering, attending specific groups, staff training, recruitment and selection, design of buildings and in-patient ward visits in line with the Trust Charter to name but a few.
All NHS Staff are experienced in helping resolve concerns, but if they are not able to resolve the problem or you don't know who to ask, the Patient Experience Team are here to assist you. Our aim is to resolve any issues quickly working with you to gain a satisfactory outcome.
- Listen to you
- Ensure that you are informed of all options available to you
- Work with you to decide the best action to resolve the issue
- Work with you to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible
- Sign post you to other services who can help if we are unable to resolve your concern
If your issues remain unresolved, or you would like to make a formal complaint, we can advise you on the complaints process and provide information on how to seek independent advice.
Contact the Patient Experience Team
The office is open Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. There will be times when there is no-one available to take your call, however there is an answer machine service 24 hours a day. We recognize that it is not always easy to talk to an answer machine, but please leave a message and we will get back to you.
Free phone: 0800 633 5547
Landline phone: 01228 608257
Text Contact: 07827 312 699
Patient Experience Team, The Coppice, Carleton Clinic, Cumwhinton Drive, Carlisle, CA1 3SX
The service is confidential; the only exception to this is if you indicate that you or someone else is at risk, in which case the staff member may act with or without your consent in the interests of safety.
You will be asked to give permission for the staff member to share any information you give. If you are not the patient, consent of the patient must be determined. No action on behalf of the patient will be taken without consent. The staff member may discuss your difficulties with a colleague or supervisor in confidence to seek advice. This is so that we can be sure that the team gives you the best possible advice and support.
A film about some of the work our patient experience team do is here:
In This Section:
- Patient Experience Team
- Patient stories – tell us about your care
- Comments Compliments and Complaints
- Comments, Compliments, Complaints Factsheet [Easy Read]
- Confidentiality - A guide for families and carers
- Confidentiality - A guide for people who use our services
- Consent - A guide for patients and service users
Published: 4th January 2016
Obtaining feedback from patients and taking account of your views and priorities are vital for the delivery of high quality services
Published: 23rd December 2015
Up to 300 people log into the free Wi-Fi each day with an average of 4000 unique visitors each month across the 200 sites.
Published: 2nd February 2015
Chief Executive Claire Molloy kicks off support from Cumbria Partnership
Published: 7th January 2015
Your views are important to us