The Trust's policies and procedures relate to its operation, staff, facilities, health and safety, risk management and services provided to patients.
- The policies for Cumbria Partnership and North Cumbria University Hospitals are being reviewed to align them during 2018/Spring 2019. For some of these, it has been agreed to extend their formal review date, as they have been assessed as still safe and legal for staff to follow until their alignment.
- Policy management arrangements are also being reviewed as part of the integration of Support Services across Cumbria Partnership Foundation Trust and North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust. We are transitioning to common arrangements, with documents, templates, guidance and approval routes under development.
- There is a policy template with common content and format, along with guidance on its completion. This should be used for new policies and when making changes to existing policies.
- A checklist is required to be completed by the Policy Author to accompany policy changes through the approval process. Download the checklist.
- The policy to support policy management is currently being developed. In the meantime, please use current or emerging approval routes.
- For guidance on the current review and approval process, please use the link to the policy approval process document (parts are out of date during the transition). Download the policy approval document.
Policies Search - Due to the discontinuation of Google Site Search the policies search box has been removed.
If you are unsure of the process to follow within any policy, you should initially speak to your line manager, before contacting the policy author or accountable director.
If you are unsure of the arrangements for managing policies, email the policy help desk on email@example.com or 01228 602029.
If you require written communication, including any of our publications, to be translated into another language or format, such as Braille, large print or audio, contact: