Case Management Teams
Case Management Teams (CMTs) are local teams based throughout Cumbria for adults with long term physical health conditions who would benefit from support and management plans.
CMTs consist of various healthcare professionals who will come to see you at home. We work closely with your family and other health and social care professionals such as your GP, physiotherapist or social worker, to coordinate your healthcare needs. We can help to make sure your wishes are heard, so you can feel in control when decisions are being made about your health and well-being.
CMTs aim to:
- Promote and maintain your independence.
- Improve and maintain your quality of life.
- Reduce the risk of hospital admissions.
- Enable earlier discharge from hospital.
Who is eligible for the Case Management service?
You may be eligible if: you have been in hospital recently; or you have visited your GP more regularly in the last few months, due to your long-term illness.
How can a case manager help me?
A case manager is your single point of contact for care, support or advice. They can help you to:
- Plan and co-ordinate ways to meet your health and social care needs.
- Look after your health as much as you can to stay well.
- Understand your illness and how medicines work.
- Recognise when you are running into difficulties with your health and so get help sooner.
If you need to go into hospital for essential medical treatment, your case manager can work with the hospital staff to ensure you return home at the right time.
CMTs operate on a local basis, teams include -
- Solway Case Management Team – Adults in the Solway area can refer themselves to the Solway CMT or be referred by a health professional, their carer or family.
- Eden Case Management Team - Your GP or other health or social care professional can refer you to this service.
Please remember this is not an emergency service.
What our patients have said about this service:
I would highly recommend this service to friends and family. I have nothing but praise for the service.
East Sector Integrated Care Community
(Includes Milnthorpe, Kirkby Lonsdale and Sedbergh)
Parkview Surgery, Milnthorpe
Solway Case Management Team
Tel: 016973 66601
Eden Case Management Team
Tel: 01768 245570
From 1 April 2018 community services in South Cumbria are now delivered by University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust.