Hadrian Unit is a 22 bedded high risk needs-led acute psychiatric ward for the whole of Cumbria, at Carleton Clinic in Carlisle. Hadrian is a needs led unit for individuals aged 18 years and over. The ward provides assessment, care and treatment for patients who present with a functional mental illness and who have a completed risk assessment screen prior to admission. Hadrian Unit works with adults who have a primary presentation of acute functional mental illness who require an inpatient episode, as it is not viable to provide or continue home treatment because they are:
- At risk of immediate and significant self-harm/ suicide or self-neglect due to their mental health and/or
- At immediate and significant risk to others due to their mental health.
- In circumstances where there is immediate risk of the breakdown in normal life or support network.
- In circumstances where existing community service user is already receiving a higher level of input due to the level of deterioration of their mental state, or the increased level of risk
- At significant risk of personal vulnerability and exploitation.
- At significant risk of mental health deterioration without mental health intervention.
The Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team (CRHT) is the ‘gatekeeper' for all the referrals to the in-patient service. Hadrian is identified as a ‘place of safety' under s.16 of the Mental Health Act.
What our patients have said about us:
Very good patient care. Nurses are time effective.
Our rating from the Care Quality Commission
Monday – Friday: 6 - 8pm
Saturday - Sunday: Afternoon 2 - 4pm Evening 6 - 8pm
Address and Telephone
Carleton Clinic, Cumwhinton Drive, Carlisle, Cumbria CA1 3SX
Telephone: Telephone: Via Switchboard: 01228 602000