Oakwood is an acute mental health inpatient unit in Carlisle.
This is a 12 bedded ward for adults. It is part of the Acute mental health inpatient service provided by the Trust and is on the Carleton Clinic site in Carlisle. The unit is for service users who:
- Require a bed on a needs-Led Frail/Vulnerable Ward due to risk of self-harm or harm to others
- Are experiencing an acute episode of mental distress that is not manageable in their home with support from the CRHT.
- The goal of all treatment and interventions offered on Oakwood is that of recovery.
Treatments/interventions available include:
- Psychosocial Interventions (PSI)
- Person Centred Counselling
- Diversional Activities
- Protected Therapeutic Time
- Occupational Therapy Assessment
- Relaxation/Anxiety Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
What our patients have said about us:
Very efficient staff, everyone is dedicated and understanding in difficut circumstances.
Our rating from the Care Quality Commission
Monday - Friday : Afternoon 3.30 - 5pm Evening 6 - 8pm
Saturday – Sunday: Afternoon 2-5pm Evening 6-8pm
Address and Telephone
Carleton Clinic, Cumwhinton Drive, Carlisle, Cumbria CA1 3SX
Telephone: Via Switchboard: 01228 602000