Penrith Community Hospital
Penrith Community Hospital is a 28 bed step up step down until which is GP/nurse practitioner led for adult patients.
The hospital provides in-patient medical, nursing and rehabilitation and end of life care. The community hospital enables local people to be cared for close to their own home.
Penrith Community Hospital is also the based for the Primary Care Assessment Service.
This hospital also provides:
- Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) with enhanced diagnostic testing for adults
- Minor Injury Unit (MIU)
- Physiotherapy department
- Out-patient service provided by Extended Scope Practitioners (twice weekly)
- Hospice services in the day care facility (Thursdays)
- Balance and confidence programme (Fridays)
What our patients have said about the hospital:
The staff attitude is very good and the way they carry out their job in a professional manner.
Our rating from the Care Quality Commission
These services are available at this location:
Afternoon 2 - 4pm Evening 6-8pm
Address and Telephone
Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8HX, UK
Telephone: 01768 245555
- Handwashing advice for visitors to healthcare facilities [Public Health England]
- Infection prevention - Reducing the risk of infection while you are in hospital
- Home visit assessments – practical help before you leave hospital
- Comments Compliments and Complaints
- Confidentiality - A guide for families and carers
- Confidentiality - A guide for people who use our services
- Consent - A guide for patients and service users