Workington Community Hospital
Ellerbeck ward at Workington Community Hospital is a 14 bed GP/nurse led in patient unit providing convenient and accessible services for the adult population closer to their own home.
It provides patient centred medical, nursing, rehabilitation and end of life care according to patient need.
The Physiotherapy department provides outpatient musculoskeletal services for predominantly adults.
Workington Primary Care Centre within the hospital provides a Minor Injury/Minor Illness unit based at the hospital providing assessment and treatment for the whole population. It is run by a consortium of GPs and not by our Trust.
What patients have to say about the hospital:
Its just like one happy family and the staff would bend over backwards to help you night or day.
Clinics held at Workington Community Hospital
|Clinic Name||Times||Description||More information|
|Sexual Health Clinc Drop In (any age)||Mondays and Tuesdays 1.30pm - 5pm, Fridays 1.30pm - 3pm||Tel: 01900 705050||Details on Sexual Health Clinc Drop In (any age)|
|Sexual Health Clinc Appointments Only||Mon, Wed Fri , please ring for times||Tel: 01900 705050||Details on Sexual Health Clinc Appointments Only|
Our rating from the Care Quality Commission
These services are available at this location:
Afternoon 2.30 - 3.30pm Evening 6.30 - 7:30pm
Address and Telephone
Workington, Cumbria CA14 2RW, UK
Telephone: 01900 705000
- Infection prevention - Reducing the risk of infection while you are in hospital
- Home visit assessments – practical help before you leave hospital
- Handwashing advice for visitors to healthcare facilities [Public Health England]
- Comments Compliments and Complaints
- Confidentiality - A guide for families and carers
- Confidentiality - A guide for people who use our services
- Consent - A guide for patients and service users